As we get older it is inevitable that our metabolism will begin to get slower if we do not take the necessary steps to help boost and maintain it. Our bodies need energy to perform daily activities such as walking, talking, breathing and digestion, this energy is produced by our metabolism. If you don’t have a healthy metabolism every day functions such as the ones listed can become exhausting and uncomfortable. There are many ways that one can boost and maintain a healthy metabolism. Today we are going to focus on the top 10 metabolism boosting foods and exactly how they help one to boost and maintain a healthy metabolism.
- Egg Whites: Egg whites have no fat or cholesterol, they are also an excellent source of amino acid which help in boosting your metabolism. Egg whites are also a good source of vitamin B2 which helps in metabolic activities and energy formation.
- Avocado: This fruit is a source of l-carnitite which aids in the boosting of your metabolism. It has many other health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and controlling blood pressure. Avocado’s also contain vitamins like vitamin K, B9, B6, B5 and vitamin C.
- Ginger: This herb can boost your metabolic rate by up to 20% in three hours! It can also reduce stress and improves your immune system, but do not over consume this herb because it can lead to heartburn and indigestion.
- Almonds: Almonds contain fatty acids which help to increase your metabolism. Their antioxidant properties also aid in the removal of free radicals and toxins from the body. Almonds can also reduce the risk of heart attacks and lower bad cholesterol.
- Broccoli: Broccoli’s amazing combination of calcium and vitamin C make it a superb metabolism booster! It is also low in calories and saturated fats but very high in fiber. Broccoli consumption also aids in reducing the risk of cancer.
- Spinach: Spinach not only helps to boost your metabolism it’s an actual SUPER FOOD! Spinach is chock full of vitamin K which is essential for bone health it also has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancerous properties.
- Chili Peppers: They not only aid in boosting your metabolism and burning calories, chili peppers are also rich in vitamin C. They are a good source of minerals such as potassium, manganese, iron and magnesium.
- Cucumbers: High in dietary fiber, vitamins A, K and C but low in calories and comprised of about 96% water, cucumbers not only boost your metabolism but re-hydrate your body as well.
- Garlic: Garlic not only aids in breaking down fat and increasing your metabolism, consumption of garlic can also prevent skin problems like acne, blemishes and blackheads as well. Garlic also possesses anti-biotic properties which combats infections caused by fungi, bacteria and parasites.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain Lycopene, which is a very powerful antioxidant. They have zero cholesterol and are extremely low in calories. This very rich antioxidant food not only will boost your metabolism but will strengthen your immune system, reduce cholesterol and decrease the risk of heart disease.
Incorporating these metabolism boosting foods into your diet will not only help you boost and maintain your metabolism but you will also reap the nutritional benefits that they have to offer as well! Try to incorporate these foods into your diet on a daily basis and see how much better you begin to feel!